The Poetic Meanders

The Poetic Meanders
The Teesta River - captured by Parth Adhikari

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Understanding Ms. Understanding


Understanding Ms. Understanding



I had the greatest fortune of
Gaining the rich acquaintance of 
One difficult Ms. Understanding:
Punctuality notwithstanding,
She was as lovely as, well..
Whatever that is you marvel
At. So not further digressing
I'll begin my tale - depressing
To the sympathetic soul that
Asks random people "What you're at?"
And thus gains naught and loses naught.
But hear my story out you ought.

So, Ms. Understanding and I, we
Met for coffee, having eluded the
Other's company for a while
In the past, by kindness or guile.
The evening soon set; we talked
All through the distance that we walked,
And I didn't complain when she left
About how I would be bereft
After Ms. Understanding's farewell,
And she didn't guess what I didn't tell.
Problem? - The Miss is situated
Far from where she can be dated.

That's not all, because if it was,
Then this poem I pen would be dross.
The Miss, to believe her missive,
Has problems of which she's dismissive.
Thus the circle of reason closes,
What I propose, She disposes,
And what she won't tell, I won't guess,
For sake of prudence, I won't press.
Anyway, it seems like the Miss
Understanding understands this
Business of mind over the heart
Better than me. What a good start
To what, to-what-end, for-what, no
One will now ever think or know. 

If she ever in life looks back,
Ms. Understanding will find her track,
I'll pray, without marks of too much
Of looking back in her life, such
Is the goodbye message the lady
Will not receive; silence, you see,
Works both ways, and what you don't know
Doesn't hurt you. Neither does it show.
Apart, soon, work will keep us aloof,
And you'll choose what will serve as proof
Of how we let time take its bend,
For now and forever - The End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment