The Poetic Meanders

The Poetic Meanders
The Teesta River - captured by Parth Adhikari

Thursday 24 October 2013

Friends, Friends’ Friends and their Friends (Part I)

Friends, Friends’ Friends and their Friends

(Part I)


(For Ms. A, Ms. A and of course Mr. A)

He: Hello! Have you arrived here
Back in Delhi? Let’s meet somewhere!
I: Oh yes! I’m back. How are you?
He: I am fine, how do you do?
I: Similarly. What about
The coming Sunday to go out?
He: Sure. Would you meet Ms. A too?
I have an inkling that you two
Would get along very nicely,
More so if you behaved wisely.
I: You said she is important,
Fine, I will try some improvement
In my conduct towards strangers
And avoid possible dangers
To your thriving relationship
That makes your relentless heart skip
A beat on regular basis;
Oh! I’ve seen many such cases.
He: Greater Kailash, one p.m.
Sharp; someplace around we’ll meet them….
I: ‘Them’? How many…wait...who will
Host the meeting? (Read – pay the bill?)
He: Don’t worry you miser. A
Might come with a friend; I will pay.
I (to myself): Settled then that,
A little food, some chit-chat,
Will suffice; So I will agree.
I (to Him): Next Sunday? I’ll see.


 (To be Concluded...)

No comments:

Post a Comment