The Poetic Meanders

The Poetic Meanders
The Teesta River - captured by Parth Adhikari

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Hola on an Ola


Hola on an Ola

I thank a monoglot Ola driver, Bangalore's dense traffic and a great young couple for this. In increasing order, definitely.


While on the long cab ride
Back from my dear cousin's,
I thought for once more about life,
Spurred by said relation and his wife.

I thought hard about my choices -
Those in the past and those ahead,
How I've never known what I've wanted,
How I've become a nowhere man instead.

So, all this mental senescence
(Waiting, wondering and weighing),
Led me to some clarity about
How far from clarity I'm straying.

Perhaps at twenty-three, it's not too late
To start things from scratch, all over again.
All you gotta do is read Kip's 'If', then
Rediscover, and reinvent your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment